novembre 22, 2013
C like Colour, C like Contagious… and I’m not talking about one of those annoying seasonal sicknesses, but the good mood and the persistent smile that will spread as a wave thanks to the colours of this breakfast whipped up in a few minutes in a quiet Friday of November.
It has been a tiring, exciting, fun week, crammed with travels, train journeys, movies under the blankets, ideas, projects, laughter, dinners together and walks under the rain. I found myself staring at the cookbook section of a library with a radian smile, conscious of my dreams, conscious of what I want to do when I’ll grow up.
So today I decided to sleep in and Noa came to wake me up, resting her head over me, sniffing with her black cold nose to tickle me. It was the perfect day to treat me with a colourful breakfast to smile and foretaste the weekend.
Healthy every week: Citrus juice and broiled grapefruit
The juice is made with two oranges, one lemon and two carrots. It’s a boost of vitamin C and ß-caroten, a precious antioxidant.
The pink grapefruit is a refreshing fruit, amazing on its own. When you add a sprinkle of cinnamon it gains an unexpected character, while the honey caramelizes the fruit and becomes a pleasant contrast to the bitter grapefruit. A thick spiced syrup is the final result… citrus, honey, cinnamon: can you feel Christmas in the air?
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon of orange blossom honey
- Cinnamon powder
- Cut the grapefruit in a half and place it cut side down on a paper towel to dry. Melt the honey with a tablespoon of hot water.
- Turn on the grill of the oven and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Arrange the grapefruit cut side up on the baking tray, drizzle with the honey syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Broil for 10-12 minutes until caramelized. Eat warm with a dollop of yogurt.
Have a great weekend everyone! May it be full of smiles and vitamin C!