Whoopsie daisy! I was so happy when I discovered I won the last Hay Hay it’s Donna Day event hosted by Mardi with my Strawberry Cheesecake pots! Since I truly admire Donna Hay and her simple and essential recipes, I’m really proud to be the hostess of the next HHDD event. My task is to choose a recipe, invite you all to recreate the chosen recipe and send them in to my by the end of the month. I will post a roundup on Monday the 5th of July and ask all the readers to vote on which interpretation they like best announcing a winner (and the next host/ess) on July 15th.
Rules of Entry:
- Hay Hay it’s Donna Day is open to all food and wine bloggers.
- Entries submitted for HHDD must be made specifically for the current round of this event, although photos may be submitted to photo competitions such as “Does My Blog Look Good In This.”
- The host will select, make and post an original Donna Hay recipe without any changes. Participants may make that exact same recipe as is, or put their own spin on the same recipe by altering an ingredient or two, while remaining within the theme.
- Entrants must include a link to the host (that’s me – en.julskitchen.com) and the facilitator (that’s Denise – www.chezus.com) in their entry post.
- Entries can be made at any time once the event has been announced, but must be posted and emailed to me by the closing date, the end of the month.
- The host then assembles all the entries together into a roundup (posted before the 5th of the month), from where the participants of the round vote to elect a new host for the following event (voting must be done before the 10th of the month).
- Denise is going to try to keep this event going on a monthly bases, with an announcement of the new theme on the 15th of the month.
- With your entry please include the following:
- The Name & URL of your blog
- Your Name
- Your Location
- Name of your recipe
- The URL or the permalink to your entry.
- A photo of your recipe if you have. You do not have to re-size it, but it should be less than 1MB.
Twitter: Follow HHDD on Twitter to keep up to date with all the latest. Tweet about the event using #HHDD.
I decided to choose a soup. Why a soup? Mainly because I’ve browsed through all previous HHDD entries and there weren’t soups in the list, then because it’s getting colder and rainy outside, nothwithstanding the upcoming summer, so I was feeling like a soup, last but not least because I happened to find this delicious cup and I fell desperately in love with it!
- 3 cups (360g) frozen green peas
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- ½ cup (125ml) pouring (single) cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- sea salt and cracked black pepper (I used pink pepper)
- crusty bread, to serve
pepper sour cream
- ½ cup (120g) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper (I used pink pepper)
Place the peas, potato and stock in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the potato is tender. Roughly blend the soup and return to the saucepan over medium heat. Add the cream, mint, salt and pepper and heat until hot.
To make the pepper sour cream, combine the sour cream and pepper. To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, top with the pepper sour cream and serve with crusty bread. Serves 4.
It was utterly delicious! The fresh mint aroma is light and fits perfectly with pink pepper, ideal to create an aromatic blend, perfect either hot, warm or cold! And now, com’on!! Start thinking at this soup and send me your email by the end of the month!