agosto 4, 2011
Today I’m leaving for my holidays: a nineteenth-century train travel towards Paris, where I’ll spend 30 hours, just 30 little and lonely hours to enjoy la Ville Lumière, where I’ll be for the very first time! I have not a plan yet, though I have a long journey by train to read my guide and shape my short – very short – tailor-made itinerary. After Paris, I’ll move to London, by train again, where for the first time I will spend about ten days, instead of the usual hit and run weekend!
The lasagna is one of the dishes that best suits a dinner with many friends, because it can be made in advance and slightly warmed just before serving. In summer, try this lighter and fresh version, it will soon become one of your favorite dishes.
CHERRY TOMATO AND MOZZARELLA LASAGNE
Ingredients (for 3 medium sized baking tin):
For the fresh pasta: 500 g of plain flour, 500 g of semolina flour – 1 teaspoon of salt – 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
For the filling: 2 kg of cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters – 1,5 kg of mozzarella cheese- 400 g of grated Parmesan cheese – fresh basil – extra virgin olive oil – salt – freshly ground black pepper
- To make the fresh pasta follow this recipe.
- Grease the bottom of the pan with extra virgin olive oil, then cover it with a layer of fresh pasta.
- Scatter the quartered tomatoes over the fresh pasta, the thinly sliced mozzarella, abundant fresh basil leaves, the grated Parmesan cheese and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Make 4 layers and finish with fresh pasta, then sprinkle the last layer with grated Parmesan and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180°C for at least 30 minutes, until the pasta is cooked and the lasagna is golden on the surface.
- Leave it for half an hour in a warm oven before serving.