- 200 g of icing sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150 g of raisins, soaked and squeezed
- 150 g of almonds
- 80 g of of pine nuts
- 70 g of of hazelnuts
- 125 g of candied citron
- 125 g of candied orange peel
- 200 g of flour
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Pour the icing sugar into a bowl and mix in an egg at a time, whisking with the electric whisk or with a wooden spoon until light and foamy, as suggested by Ada Boni.
- Add the soaked and squeezed raisins, the chopped almonds, pine nuts, hazelnuts and the finely minced candied citron and orange peel.
- At the end add the flour and mix gently.
- Sprinkle some flour on the marble kitchen table and spoon the dough over the table. Shape the dough into a sausage with your floured hands.
- Roll it gently and place it on a lightly buttered baking sheet. Brush the surface with a beaten egg and bake for about an hour.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool, then cut it into thin slices.
- The biscuits are ready now, though I preferred to bake them again for 5 minutes in a preheated oven to 190°C, until golden and crisp.
Recipe by Juls' Kitchen at http://en.julskitchen.com/cookies-2/dried-fruit-biscuits