dicembre 16, 2011
We are all talking about Christmas lunches, dinners, gourmet gifts to impress people we love, chocolate afternoon treats in front of the fireplace, lit by the lights of the Christmas tree and the flames of the fireplace. But what about breakfast? This year I want also an lavish Christmas breakfast, slightly different from the usual milk and cereals, soft and fragrant.
I want to start greatly the day that for me is one of the most exciting of the year with a soft tiny cake, whose flavours and fondant heart remind the typical Sienese ricciarelli. This is a very special tiny cake, where the lager beer gives a light malty aroma.
- 3 free range eggs
- 150 g of raw cane sugar
- 200 g of whipping cream
- ½ glass of lager beer
- 100 g of almond flour
- 200 g of organic tender wheat flour
- grated peel of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Whip the eggs with the raw cane sugar. Pour in the whipping cream and the beer and whisk until they are completely blended with the eggs.
- Stir in the almond flour and the tender wheat flour, at the end add the grated peel of one orange.
- Divide the batter into 14 small muffin moulds lined with paper cases and bake them from 15 up to 20 minutes, until golden and dry inside.
- Let them cool completely before dusting with icing sugar.