They are very good, fragrant and with a lovely dried tomato flavour.They are best eaten the next day, cut in a half and spread with goat’s milk cheese and olives, philadelphia and chive, grilled eggplants and mozzarella… everything that softens the muffin, that becomes a kind of sandwich!
::::: WHOLEMEAL FLOUR MUFFINS WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATO PASTE :::::
Ingredients for 12 medium muffins:
- wholemeal flour, 200 gr
- milk, 150 ml
- eggs, 2
- extravirgin olive oil, 100 ml
- sun-dried tomato paste, 4 tablespoons
- dried thyme, 1 tablespoon
- dried oregano, 1 tablespoon
- baking powder, 1 tablespoon
- salt, 1 pinch
Mix together all the dry ingredients (flour, thyme, oregano, salt, baking powder) and, in a separate bowl, all the liquid ingredients (eggs, milk, extravirgin olive oil, sun-dried tomato paste). Then, stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until just combined.
Spoon the mixture into 12 muffin moulds until you reach 2/3 of the quantity they can contain.
Bake in preheated oven (180°C) for 30 minutes, or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- I used a very little pinch of salt because my sun-dried tomato paste was very savoury and tasty.
- The extra virgin olive oil I used is a sicilian DOP extra virgin olive oil, the same I used to make the dried tomato paté, because it suits well with the tomato flavour.
- You can substitute sun-dried tomato paste with black or green olive paste.